Purpose of the Study
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the safety, tolerability, and effectiveness of an investigational medication in individuals with APOL1-dependent FSGS. The word “investigational” means this medication is not yet approved for use by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the United States or other regulatory agencies in the UK, Europe, or elsewhere.
Who May Qualify
Eligible participants must meet the following criteria:
- Be male or female between the ages of 18 and 60 (inclusive)
- Female participants must not be pregnant or nursing
- Have had a diagnosis of focal segmental glomerulosclerosis via a kidney biopsy
- Have a high-risk apolipoprotein L1 (APOL1) genotype
- Have not had a diagnosis of kidney disease other than FSGS
- Be willing and able to comply with the study instructions
There are additional eligibility requirements, which the study doctor can explain to you.